All Weekend Activities – Seattle Art Car Blowout
Don’t miss the largest gathering of Art Cars in the Northwest. Over 75 decorated cars are on display in the Burke Building Parking lot on the Rocket Block.
Seattle Art Cars is a loosely knit group of “cartists” best known for organizing the annual Seattle Art Car Blowout (SACBO). Forming in 1998 to participate in ‘Arts Edge’ at the Seattle Center, Seattle Art Cars gathered 28 artists together to display their Art Cars. The following year, they became part of the annual Fremont Fair, where up to 75 decorated cars are on view as part of the Seattle Art Car Blowout.
For more information on Seattle Art Cars visit http://www.seattleartcars.org/
To get involved with Seattle Art Cars or the Seattle Art Car Blowout, contact Kelly Lyles at kelly or Don Ehlen at DonEhlen
All Weekend Activities – Fremont Abbey Arts for All
GROW YOUR BRAIN ON THE ARTS with Fremont Abbey Art Center’s fun activities booth and stage at the Fremont Fair, located just west of PCC and The Red Door on 34th St.!
Free collaborative sensory arts and fun for everyone with activities such as:
- Growing Brain Sculpture – Add to our community sculpture, come back and see how it evolves all day long!
- Chalk Art – Pure fun, no explanation needed!
- Smell Haiku – get inspiration from a variety of smells, learn what a haiku is, and write a poem!
- Paint-By-Neighbor – Side-by-side with your neighbors, you can add your voice to a community-sized painting or create a smaller work of art
- MusicMakers – Make simple musical instruments with a recycled twist!
- ArtCycle – Take old junk and turn it into creative treasure! Art-making and recycling blend in our DIY recipe to ArtCycle.
- Paint with Your Food – Learn that playing with your food just went to a whole new level.
Plus, we will be presenting live performers and bands on the Fremont Abbey Stage!
FREMONT ABBEY ARTS CENTER is a collaborative community venue supporting arts experiences for ALL-ages. Visit www.fremontabbey.org for more information on the Fremont Abbey and how to get involved.