West Seattle 5K Run/Walk and Alki Seattle Summer Streets
It’s everybody’s street. Imagine the possibilities.
Walk. Bike. Shop. Breathe. Play.
Sunday, May 22
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
along Alki Avenue SW (starting at 63rd Avenue SW)
Tell your neighbors, tell your friends! Sunday, May 22 is a party along Alki!
Help promote the event. Outreach materials can be found here.
Starting at 11 a.m., come join the fun:
- Children’s Talent Show, Live Entertainment Stage, Kid’s Games and a Petting Zoo! sponsored by the Alki Community Council (ACC).
- Test rideeMoto’s electric bike.
- Cascade Bicycle Club will be doing helmet fittings and kids can decorate their bikes.
- Seattle Children’s Hospital will be attending with a special activity too.
- Coastal Surf Boutique and Casual Industrees will be screening customized tees.
- Mountain to Sound Outfitters will be at hand with Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Board demos and Quad/Inline Skate demos.
- The Celtic Swell will be opening early at 9 a.m. to offer their homemade brunch and are sponsoring Irish Dancers on the Live Entertainment stage.
- Take part in pedestrian safety games hosted by Feet First volunteers.
- Watch Ultimate Frisbee by Skate Church teens and demonstrations by Alki Tae Kwon Do.
- The Seattle Fire Department will make a special stop with their fire truck.
Here’s a sneak peak of other things the ACC has lined up:
- Activities—Face art, Henna tattoo, pet massages, children’s photography
- Community Groups—Seal Sitters, Whale Trail, Sustainable West Seattle, Be Prepared, Alki Community Council, Alki Art Fair , Skate Church, Breath Deep Seattle, Family Promise, the Log House Museum, etc.
Follow us on Facebook to get the latest scoop and see videos and pictures of past events.
Visit our sponsorship page to find out how you can host an event.
See you in the street!