|Georgetown, WA – 4/27/10 – Have we mentioned we LOVE LOVE LOVE our small local wineries? These are the people that are truly craftsfolk who make some of the best wine. Come meet Sonie who will be introducing us to some amazing small wineries you will never have heard of but will never forget! Here are some pre-tasting notes for your reading pleasure!
Hoover & Roofus 2007 Riesling – $12.25
· The grapes for this vintage were grown in our own Zillah Hills Vineyard, Yakima Valley AVA
· The 2007 Vintage captures the inherent fruitiness and crisp, citric flavors that are typical in the Riesling variety.
· You will find a hint of grapefruit lurking in the background.
· The wine finishes crisp and clean with a slight residual fruitiness.
· The Riesling grapes’ natural combinations of fruit and acidity pair nicely with spicy foods such as Thai & Mediterranean dishes.
· Hoover & Roofus Riesling also makes a great wine for just sitting, sipping and conversations with friends.
· Serve chilled and enjoy!
Wilridge Winery 2008 Pinot Grigio – $18.25
- 100% Pinot Grigio
- Two Coyote Vineyard, Yakima Valley
- Fermented in stainless steel using low oxygen, northern Italian style
- Enjoy with good company & fresh seafood or salad
- Only 200 cases produced!
Ginkgo Forest 2006 Ginkgo Red – $13.00
- 50% Cab Sauvignon, 38% Syrah, 12% Merlot
- 30 months in neutral French & American oak
- Wahluke Slope-estate fruit
- This non-traditional cuvee has discrete nuances of cloves and vanilla, finely balanced, fruit-filled &strikingly aromatic
- 454 cases
Kalamar Winery 2002 Merlot – $21.50
- 2002 Yakima Valley Merlot
- 100% Klingele Vineyards, Prosser
- This Merlot opens with rich, toasty aromas of black cherries, vanilla and black pepper and delicious, complex flavors with well managed tannins, great balance and a long finish.
- Only 160 Cases Produced
Ginkgo Forest Syrah 2006 Syrah – $19.25
- 100% Syrah
- Wahluke Slope-estate fruit
- Aromas of molasses support the nose of fully ripened blackberries, plums & toasted oak, which lead into a soft, full bodied palate & finish. Pair with your favorite grilled meat, with peppercorn steak being the perfect accompaniment to this wine.
- 239 cases
- ‘Excellent’, WinePress Northwest – Winter 2008
We will be tasting these tomorrow, Wednesday, April 28, from 5pm-7pm. Only $4 for all of them! Our usual “be green” offer applies: Bring your own tasting glass and save a dollar!!
Thanks, Erika & Crew
Come see what Maxon does in his spare time during the May Art Attack – Sat May 8, 5-9pm. He’ll be our artist for the month!
And here’s the requisite fine print for the tastings: Due to licensing laws in the state of Washington, we are limited to serving no more than 2oz per varietal/flavor and no more than a grand total of 8oz. You must be over the age of 21 to imbibe. (And I don’t mean dog years…)